Shifting the color line : race and the American welfare state /
|Published:||Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1998.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Acknowledgments Race
- Institutions, and Welfare in American Political Development
- Race, Class, and the Organization of Social Policy
- The Social Security Act
- Old-Age Insurance
- From Exclusion to Inclusion
- Aid to Dependent Children and the Political Construction of the "Underclass"
- Unemployment Insurance
- Exclusion, and Stagnation Race
- Welfare, and the Future of American Politics
- Appendix: Quantitative Study of ADC
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.