The New York concert saloon : the devil's own nights /
|Published:||Cambridge, U.K. ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2002.|
|Series:||Cambridge studies in American theatre and drama ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- List of illustrations
- Prologue: sources of the concert saloon and its shows
- 1. Where the devil's work is done: New York City concert saloons during the Civil War era
- 2. Changes in direction: the concert saloon after the war
- 3. Concert-saloon acts
- 4. Concert saloons: spaces and equipment
- 5. Employees and patrons of the concert saloon
- 6. Related forms
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.