Evaluating the impact of development projects on poverty : a handbook for practitioners /
Despite the billions of dollars spent on development assistance each year, there is still very little known about the actual impact of projects on the poor. There is broad evidence on the benefits of economic growth, investments in human capital, and the provision of safety nets for the poor. But fo...
|Description of Work:||Handbook|
|Published:||Washington, D.C. : World Bank, 2000.|
|Series:||Directions in development (Washington, D.C.)
|Online Access:||Click here for full text. Access available to IC users only.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. Defining Concepts and Techniques for Impact Evaluation
- 2. Key Steps in Designing and Implementing Impact Evaluations
- 3. Applying Analytical Methods for Impact Evaluation: A Case Study
- 4. Drawing on "Good Practice" Impact Evaluations. 1.1. Evaluating the Gains to the Poor from Workfare: Argentina's TRABAJAR Program. 1.2. Does Microfinance Really Help the Poor? New Evidence from Flagship Programs in Bangladesh. 1.3. Bangladesh Food for Education: Evaluating a Targeted Social Program When Placement Is Decentralized. 1.4. Evaluating Bolivia's Social Investment Fund. 1.5. Impact of Active Labor Programs: Czech Republic. 1.6. Impact of Credit with Education on Mothers' and their Young Children's Nutrition: Lower Pra Rural Bank Program in Ghana. 1.7. Textbooks and Test Scores: Evidence from a Prospective Evaluation in Kenya. 1.8. Evaluating Kenya's Agricultural Extension Project. 1.9. The Impact of Mexico's Retraining Program on Employment and Wages (PROBECAT). 1.10. Mexico, National Program of Education, Health, and Nutrition (PROGRESA). 1.11. Evaluating Nicaragua's School Reform: A Combined Quantitative-Qualitative Approach. 1.12. Improving Elementary Mathematics Education in Nicaragua: An Experimental Study of the Impact of Textbooks and Radio on Achievement. 1.13. The Impact of Alternative Cost-Recovery Schemes on Access and Equity in Niger. 1.14. Schooling Outcomes in Philippine Elementary Schools: Evaluation of the Impact of Four Experiments. 1.15. Assessing the Poverty Impact of Rural Roads Projects in Vietnam. 2.1. The Uganda Nutrition and Early Childhood Development Project. 2.2. Rural Roads Impact Evaluation: Vietnam 1997 Baseline. Annex 3. A Sample Budget from an Impact Evaluation of a School Feeding Program
- Annex 4. Impact Indicators
- Evaluation of Bolivia Social Investment Fund
- Annex 5. Template of Log Frame for Project Design Summary for the Project Completion Document or Project Appraisal Document
- Annex 6. Matrix of Analysis.