Dr. Mary Walker : an American radical, 1832-1919 /
|Published:||New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c2009.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. "Give me liberty of thought": The Seeds of Radicalism
- 2. Dress Reform and The Sibyl
- 3. "The ark of reform": Civil War Surgeon
- 4. Surgeon, Spy, Prisoner of War
- 5. Interlude
- 6. Touring Britain: The Creation of a Public Self
- 7. "A Representative Woman"
- 8. A Crusader's Hit
- 9. Women's Rights Unmasked
- 10. The Courtroom, the Legislature, Party Politics
- 11. A Pragmatic Utopia
- 12. Anti-Imperialism and the World Stage
- 13. The Age of Alienation
- 14. The Pioneer Embraced
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.