Finding the West : explorations with Lewis and Clark /
|Published:||Albuquerque : University of New Mexico Press, 2001.|
|Series:||Histories of the American frontier
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Foreword: Course of Discovery
- Preface: "Many Extroadenary Stories"
- Chapter 1. A Promise of Rivers: Thomas Jefferson and the Exploration of Western Waterways
- Chapter 2. Lewis and Clark in the Age(s) of Exploration
- Chapter 3. The "Core" of Discovery
- Map Porteolio: Maps and Storied Landscapes
- Chapter 4. Imagining the West: Through the Eyes of Lewis and Clark
- Chapter 5. A Moment in Time: The West--September, 1806
- Chapter 6. Coboway's Tale: A Story of Power and Places along the Columbia
- Chapter 7. A Lewis and Clark Homecoming
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.