Infectious : a doctor's eye-opening insights into contagious diseases /
A woman's innocuous cold symptoms mask a debilitating rare tick infection. A young man develops shingles, then suffers blinding head pain later in life. After years of frustration, a family eradicates head lice forever. Leading infectious diseases specialist Frank Bowden sheds light the everyda...
|Published:||[Sydney, NSW] : NewSouth ; [Published by the University of New South Wales Press Ltd.], |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Author's Note
- Part I. The Age of Infections
- 1. Ebola and Other Natural Born Killers
- 2. Taught By an Expert
- 3. Hard Cold Facts
- 4. Of Lice and Men
- 5. A Typical Pneumonia?
- Part II. The end of the Age of Antibiotics
- 8. Just a Sore Throat
- 7. Antibiotic My Thbusting
- 8. Resistance Is Futile
- Part III. First Do No Harm
- 9. Evidence-Based Medicine - in its Place
- 10. A Spot Diagnosis
- 11. Lyme is the New Black
- 12. I'm So Tired My Mind is on the Blink
- 13. Eleven Grams of Trouble
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.