Youth and the city in the global south /
Innovative new research on globalization's impact on urban youth.
|Published:||Bloomington, IN : Indiana University Press, ©2008.|
|Online Access:||EBSCO eBook Subscription Academic Collection. Access for Greenville College users.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: youth and the city / Karen Tranberg Hansen
- Youth across the globe: comparison, interdisciplinarity, and cross-national collaboration / Anne Line Dalsgaard, Karen Valentin
- Dominant ideas, uncertain lives: the meaning of youth in Recife / Anne Line Dalsgaard, Monica Franch, Russell Parry Scott
- Politicized leisure in the wake of Doi Moi: a study of youth in Hanoi / Karen Valentin
- Localities and sites of youth agency in Lusaka / Karen Tranberg Hansen
- Youth and the home / Katherine V. Gough
- Toward eduscapes: youth and schooling in a global era / Ulla Ambrosius Madsen
- The work of the imagination: young people's media appropriation / Norbert Wildermuth
- Conclusion: urban youth in a global world / Karen Tranberg Hansen.