The Dutch Atlantic : slavery, abolition and emancipation /
|Published:||London ; New York : Pluto Press ; New York : Distributed in the U.S.A. exclusively by Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.|
|Series:||Decolonial studies, postcolonial horizons.
|Online Access:||EBSCOhost Access is available only to authorized users.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction, goals and issues
- Transatlantic slavery and the rise of the European world order
- Chattel slavery, sugar and salt
- Abolition without emancipation
- Trajectories of emancipation: religion, class, gender and race
- The legacy of slavery : the unfinished business of emancipation
- Conclusion: Parallel histories and intertwined belonging.