The body economic : life, death, and sensation in political economy and the Victorian novel /
|Published:||Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, c2006.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1. The Romantics and the Political Economists
- Chapter 2. Bioeconomics and Somaeconomics: Life and Sensation in Classical Political Economy
- Chapter 3. Hard Times and the Somaeconomics of the Early Victorians
- Chapter 4. The Bioeconomics of Our Mutual Friend
- Chapter 5. Daniel Deronda and the Too Much of Literature
- Chapter 6. Malthusian Anthropology and the Aesthetics of Sacrifice in Scenes of Clerical Life
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.