Inside an embassy : the political role of diplomats abroad /
|Published:||Washington, D.C. : Congressional Quarterly Inc., c1992.|
|Series:||Martin F. Herz series on United States diplomacy
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Information and diplomacy. Gathering political information. Vietnam in the 1960s. Reporting from Brezhnev's Moscow
- Reporting and analysis. Political dynamics in Cote d'Ivoire. Malaysia and the boat people in the 1970s
- Clandestine collection. Two agents-in-place
- Influencing another nation. Keeping in with the outs-Romania 1988. It never hurts to try-Mali 1967. Political transition in the Philippines
- Negotiating. Mystery in the Yemen. The 1981 Greek Base negotiations
- The political officer's role in practice
- Conclusion: limits and possibilities for U.S. diplomacy
- Appendix: Illustrative political reporting from U.S. Embassies.