The therapeutic perspective : medical practice, knowledge, and identity in America, 1820-1885 /
Cambridge, Mass. :
Harvard University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Therapeutics and the Transformation of American Medicine
- Pt. I. Antebellum Medical Therapeutics
- 1. Intervention and identity
- 2. Epistemology, Social Change, and the Reorganization of Knowledge
- 3. The Principle of Specificity
- Pt. II. The Process of Change
- 4. Therapeutic Change
- 5. Attitudes toward Change
- 6. Attitudes toward Foreign Knowledge
- 7. The Arbitration of Change
- Pt. III. Therapeutic Reconstruction
- 8. Physiological Therapeutics and the Dissipation of Therapeutic Gloom
- 9. Cui Bono?
- A Note on Sources for the History of Therapeutics
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.