The dragon's tail : Americans face the atomic age /
|Published:||Amherst : University of Massachusetts Press, c2010.|
|Series:||Culture, politics, and the cold war.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- List of Illustrations
- Introduction: At the Core of the Bomb, Narratives
- 1. Atomic Familiars on the Radioactive Landscape
- 2. Fallout Stories
- 3. Nuclear Approach/Avoidance: Social Scientists and the Bomb
- 4. Survival of Self and Nation under Atomic Attack
- 5. Good Bomb/Bad Bomb
- 6. The Atomic Kid: American Children vs. the Bomb
- Conclusion: The Magical and the Mundane
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.