African American satire : the sacredly profane novel /
|Published:||Columbia : University of Missouri Press, c2001.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- A Note on Usage
- Chapter 1. Sacredly Profane: Toward a Theory of African American Literary Satire
- Chapter 2. Precursors: Satire through the Harlem Renaissance, 1900-1940
- Chapter 3. Channeling the Lower Frequencies: African American Satire from World War II through the Postwar Era
- Chapter 4. "Nation Enough": Black Politics in the 1960s and the Advent of the Multicultural Iconoclast
- Chapter 5. New Politics, New Voices: Black Satire in the Post-Civil Rights Era
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.