Colored memories : a biographer's quest for the elusive Lester A. Walton /
"Explores the life of African American Lester A. Walton whose illustrious career spanned the first six decades of the twentieth century but who is now forgotten. Curtis explores the failure of collective memory and America's obsession with race as she explains how she discovered Walton and...
|Published:||Columbia : University of Missouri Press, c2008.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Part I. Encountering a Ghost Remembering Walton
- Chapter 1. Lester and Me
- Chapter 2. Mysteries in the Archives
- Part II. Treachery and Duplicity Race Man
- Chapter 3. Capitalizing Negro
- Chapter 4. Pictures of His Face
- Chapter 5. A Passing Comment
- Chapter 6. The Crisis on the Links
- Chapter 7. Something Doin'
- Chapter 8. Some Trip
- Part III. The Man Behind the Scenes Representation
- Chapter 9. Representing the Democratic Party
- Chapter 10. Representing the United States
- Chapter 11. Representing Liberia
- Part IV. Trauma Reenactment
- Chapter 12. Escape of the Kaffirs
- Chapter 13. Exodus
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.