Scripting the Black masculine body : identity, discourse, and racial politics in popular media /
|Published:||Albany : State University of New York Press, c2006.|
|Series:||SUNY series, the negotiation of identity
|Online Access:||Table of contents |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Race and Corporeal Politics
- 1. Origins of Black Body Politics
- 2. Scripting the Black Body in Popular Media: Exploring Process
- 3. Black Masculine Scripts
- 4. "If It Feels This Good Gettin' Used": Exploring the Hypertext of Black Sexuality in Hip-Hop Music and Pimp Movies
- 5. Toward an Integrated Theory of Black Masculinity
- Epilogue: "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.