The future of the Arab Gulf monarchies in the age of uncertainties /
Seismic cultural and political shifts are under way in the Arab Gulf monarchies. The political upheavals and transitions that have swept through the Arab world over the last 2 years have not toppled the Arab Gulf rulers, but did not leave them untouched, either. Rulers of Gulf Cooperation Council (G...
|Published:||Carlisle, PA : Strategic Studies Institute and U.S. Army War College Press, |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Precarious stability at home. Increasing calls for democratization
- But the story is still unfinished
- Fear of the rise of political Islam
- Sectarian frictions
- Succession issues
- External threats to GCC stability. A dangerous neighbor : mounting tensions with Iran
- The Iranian threat : nuclear issues and blockade
- Iran : GCC policy
- GCC stability : implications for the United States
- Policy implications and recommendations.