The presidency and the politics of racial inequality : nation-keeping from 1831 to 1965 /
|Published:||New York : Columbia University Press, c1999.|
|Series:||Power, conflict, and democracy.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Part 1. Abolition
- Chapter 1. The Origins and Politics of Abolition
- Chapter 2. A Thirty Years "War": The Presidency and the Abolitionists
- Chapter 3. The Making of a Great Emancipator
- Part 2. Civil Rights
- Chapter 4. From Reconstruction to the Great Depression: Latency Years
- Chapter 5. The Rise of Black Political Power: Roosevelt and Truman
- Chapter 6. Race Returns to Center Stage: The Eisenhower Years
- Chapter 7. Emancipation Act II: Pressures and Conversion 1961-1965
- Chapter 8. The Presidency Leadership, and Racial Equality: An Overview
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.