Central and Eastern Europe : the opening curtain? /
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- About the Contributors
- 1. Central and Eastern Europe: the Global Context
- 2. Eastern Europe and the West in the Perspective of Time
- 3. The Economies and Trade of Eastern Europe
- 4. Technology Transfer to Eastern Europe: Paradoxes, Policies, Prospects
- 5. The Soviet Union and Eastern Europe: New Prospects and Old Dilemmas
- 6. The Soviets, the Warsaw Pact, and the Eastern European Militaries
- 7. Human Rights and Civil Society in Eastern Europe
- 8. The Future of Poland: Perestroika or Perpetual Crisis?
- 9. Reforming Communist Systems: Lessons from the Hungarian Experience
- 10. Czechoslovakia between East and West
- 11. Yugoslavia: Worsening Economic and Nationalist Crisis
- 12. Conservatism and Nationalism in the Balkans: Albania, Bulgaria, and Romania
- 13. The German Democratic Republic
- 14. West German Policy toward Central and Eastern Europe
- 15. French Policy toward Central and Eastern Europe
- 16. The United States and Eastern Europe: a Window of Opportunity
- 17. U.S. and Western Policy- New Opportunities for Action
- 18. Central and Eastern Europe, Perestroika, and the Future of the Cold War
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.