The last avant-garde : the making of the New York School of Poets /
|Published:||New York : Doubleday, 1998.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Part 1. The poets
- Chapter 1. The pursuit of happiness
- Chapter 2. The band of rivals
- Chapter 3. The picture of little J. A. in a prospect of flowers / John Ashbery
- Chapter 4. You just go on your nerve / Frank O'Hara
- Chapter 5. The pleasures of peace / Kenneth Koch
- Chapter 6. Things as they are / James Schuyler
- Part 2. The ordeal of the avant-garde
- Chapter 7. The avant-garde rides to the rescue
- Chapter 8. The last avant-garde
- Selected bibliography
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.