Mars Hill audio journal 91 May/June 2008.
|Format:||Spoken Word Recording Audio CD|
|Published:||Charlotteville, Va. : Mars Hill Audio, c2008.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The life and work of legal historian Harold Berman and on the revolutionary changes throughout the history of law in the west / John Witte, Jr.
- Alexis de Tocqueville's understanding of democracy, equality, liberty, free association, social status, and the dangers of centralized government / Hugh Brogan
- Tocqueville's analysis of the dangers of individualism (and how they might be avoided) / Daniel Ritchie
- The confidence in progress and Providence in early 19th-century America / Daniel Walker Howe
- How the Puritan understanding of God's purposes in history shaped American political culture / George McKenna
- The differences between Aristotelian and modern political philosophy / Patrick Deneen
- How Wendell Berry's thought demonstrates his identity as a "Kentucky Aristotelian" / Patrick Deneen.