Lines of sight /
"Lines of Sight, the seventh volume in the Mechademia series, an annual forum devoted to Japanese anime and manga, explores the various ways in which anime, manga, digital media, fan culture, and Japanese art--from scroll paintings to superflat--challenge, undermine, or disregard the concept of...
|Published:||Minneapolis, Minn. : University of Minnesota Press ; Bristol : University Presses Marketing [distributor], ©2012.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Intervals. Inventing Intervals: The Digital Image in Metropolis and Gankutsuō / Marc Steinberg
- Takahashi Macoto: The Origin of Shōjo Manga Style / Fujimoto Yukari Translated by Matt Thorn
- The Face in the Shadow of the Camera: Corporeality of the Photographer in Kanai Mieko's Narratives / Atsuko Sakaki
- Kamishibai and the Art of the Interval / Sharalyn Orbaugh
- World Perspective. Hokusai's Lines of Sight / Timon Screech
- Superflat and the Postmodern Gothic: Images of Western Modernity in Kuroshitsuji / Waiyee Loh
- From Techno-cute to Superflat: Robots and Asian Architectural Futures / David Beynon
- Dying in Two Dimensions: Genji emaki and the Wages of Depth Perception / Reginald Jackson
- Image Essay: Mobile Worldviews / Stefan Riekeles and Thomas Lamarre
- Nonlocalizable Selves. Topologies of Identity in Serial Experiments Lain / Craig Jackson
- From Superflat Windows to Facebook Walls: Mobility and Multiplicity of an Animated Shopping Gaze / Jinying Li
- New Halves, Old Selves: Reincarnation and Transgender Identification in Ōshima Yumiko's Tsurubara-tsurubara / Emily Somers
- Energetic Matter. Audiovisual Redundancy and Remediation in Ninja bugeichō / Yuriko Furuhata
- Moving the Horizon: Violence and Cinematic Revolution in Ōshima Nagisa's Ninja bugeichō / Miryam Sas
- Anatomy of Permutational Desire, Part III: The Artificial Woman and the Perverse Structure of Modernity / Livia Monnet.