Dangerous friendship : Stanley Levison, Martin Luther King Jr., and the Kennedy brothers /
|Published:||East Lansing : Michigan State University Press, |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Cousin Stanley
- A walk in the Rose Garden
- From far Rockaway to Montgomery
- The Communist
- In friendship
- Harry Belafonte, Janet Levison, and a totally different "Kennedy"
- A stabbing in Harlem
- Stanley knew better
- Senator Kennedy is calling
- Martin, Stanley, and Clarence
- I am not now and never have been a member of the Communist Party
- I have a dream today
- The same thing is going to happen to me
- Lyndon Johnson, ping-pong, and Bobby's transformation
- Selma, Vietnam, and the gathering shadows
- Bobby prays in Indianapolis; Stanley weeps in Atlanta
- Afterword: negroes will not return to passivity.