Satire : a critical reintroduction /
Satire has been with us since at least the Greeks and is a staple of the literary classroom. Dustin Griffin now moves away from the prevailing moral-didactic approach established thirty years ago to a more open view and reintegrates the Menippean tradition with the tradition of formal verse satire....
|Published:||Lexington, Ky. : University Press of Kentucky, ©1994.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. Theories of Satire in Polemical Context
- 2. The Rhetoric of Satire: Inquiry and Provocation
- 3. The Rhetoric of Satire: Display and Play
- 4. Satiric Closure
- 5. Satiric Fictions and Historical Particulars
- 6. The Politics of Satire
- 7. The Pleasures of Satire
- Conclusion: Prospects and Further Investigations.