Not the thing I was : thirteen years at Bruno Bettelheim's Orthogenic School /
"They called him crazy. As a child, he probably was. At eight, the author left his family to spend thirteen years at the most famous school in the world for emotionally disturbed children. Not the Thing I Was describes life in Bruno Bettelheim's Orthogenic School in Chicago. Among autistic...
|Published:||New York : St. Martin's Press, c2003.|
|Edition:||1st U.S. ed.|
|Related Information:||Contributor biographical information |
Publisher description |
Table of contents |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1.. Setting the Stage
- 2.. Some Additional Backstory
- 3.. The Initial Cast
- 4.. Luitgard's Class
- 5.. Settling In to the Mohawks
- 6.. The Stage
- 7.. On Dr. B.
- 8.. The Middle Period with Diana
- 9.. The New, Improved Mohawks
- 10.. Back to Class
- 11.. Beginning Adolescence
- 12.. The First Leaving of Dr. B.
- 13.. Bert
- 14.. Dr. B.'s Return and Life in the Adolescent Unit
- 15.. Dictation
- 16.. Teddy
- 17.. Ready for His Close-up
- 18.. Neither Fish nor Fowl
- 19.. U-High
- 20.. Getting Ready for College
- 21.. Final Days
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.