Radical equations : math literacy and civil rights /
|Published:||Boston : Beacon Press, c2001.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Foreword / David Dennis
- Part 1. In the Spirit of Ella: The Algebra Project and the Organizing Tradition of the Civil Rights Movement
- 1. Algebra and Civil Rights?
- 2. Learning from Ella: Lessons from Mississippi, ca. 1961
- 3. Standin' at the Crossroads: From Voter Registration to Political Party
- Part 2. Radical Equations: The Story of a Grassroots Education Movement
- 4. Bouncing a Ball: The Early Days of the Algebra Project
- 5. Pedagogy: The Experience of Teachers and Students
- 6. South Again
- 7. Weldon, North Carolina: The Spirit of Ella Baker
- 8. Shaping Demand: The Young People's Project
- Appendix. The Mathematics of Trips
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.