Algorithmics : the spirit of computing /
|Published:||Wokingham, England ; Reading, Mass. : Addison-Wesley, c1987.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Part I. Preliminaries
- 1. Introduction And Historical Reviewor, What's It All About?
- 2. Algorithms And Dataor, Getting It Done
- 3. Programming Languages and Paradigmsor, Getting It Done by Computer
- Part II. Methods And Analysis
- 4. Algorithmic Methodsor, Getting It Done Methodically
- 5. The Correctness of Algorithmsor, Getting It Done Right
- 6. The Efficiency of Algorithmsor, Getting It Done Cheaply
- Part III. Limitations And Robustness
- 7. Inefficiency and Intractabilityor, You Can't Always Get It Done Cheaply
- 8. Noncomputability and Undecidabilityor, Sometimes You Can't Get It Done At All!
- 9. Algorithmic Universality and Its Robustnessor, The Simplest Machines That Get It Done
- Part IV. / Relaxing The Rules
- 10. Parallelism, Concurrency and Alternative Modelsor, Getting Lots Of Stuff Done at Once
- 11. Probabilistic Algorithmsor, Getting It Done by Tossing Coins
- 12. Cryptography and Reliable Interactionor, Getting It Done in Secret
- Part V. The Bigger Picture
- 13. Software Engineeringor, Getting It Done When It's Large
- 14. Reactive Systemsor, Getting It to Behave Properly Over Time
- 15. Algorithmics And Intelligenceor, Are They Better at It Than Us?
- Postscript Selected Solutions
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.