Henry James and sexuality /
|Published:||Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1998.|
|Online Access:||Table of contents |
Publisher description |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. Henry James and the languages of sex
- 2. Gender and representation in The Wings of the Dove
- 3. Sexuality and the aesthetic in The Golden Bowl
- 4. The Eroticism of prohibition: masochism and the law in Roderick Hudson
- 5. Queer plotting: The Bostonians and the Princess Casamassima
- 6. James's late short fiction and the spectacle of modern homosexuality
- 7. Suicide and blackmail: James's 'poor sensitive gentlemen'
- Conclusion: 'that queer monster the artist'
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.