Liberalism, Black power, and the making of American politics, 1965-1980 /
|Published:||Athens : University of Georgia Press, c2009.|
|Series:||Politics and culture in the twentieth-century South.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. Hidden Histories of Remittance: Liberalism and the Making of Black Nationalism in North Carolina, 1965-1970
- 2. "We Had a Beautiful Thing": Malcolm X Liberation University, the Black Middle Class, and the Black Liberation Movement, 1968-1973
- 3. From Rebellion to Reform: Constitutional Liberalism and the Black Panther Party, 1968-1974
- 4. In Defense of Sister Joan: The Joan Little Case and American Justice in the Cosmopolitan South, 1974-1975
- 5. Speaking Truth to Black Power: Cosmopolitan Black Nationalism and Its Gendered Discontents
- 6. Federally Subsidized Black Nationalism: Soul City, Statist Liberalism, and the Rise of the New Right, 1968-1980
Descriptive content provided by Syndetics™, a Bowker service.